The students must obtain a Student Visa from the Turkish Consulate in their country before they enter Türkiye for their study. The Student Visa can not be obtained after the arrival and tourist visa is not acceptable as a substitute. Incoming students are recommended to apply for visa at least two months before the term begins. Exceptions are those who are legal dependents of someone in Türkiye on a diplomatic visa or with a work visa.Usual required documents for visa application:
• Passport (should be valid at least for a year),
• Completed visa application form taken from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate,
• Recent passport size photographs,
• Proof of their student status in their home university,
• Acceptance letter from Istanbul Arel University,
• Non-refundable processing fee.
As visa regulations may change quite frequently, students are suggested to contact the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate in their country to obtain the most up-to-date and detailed information.
• After arrival in Istanbul for Residence Permit you will have to apply via the online system of the Immigration Office. The Erasmus Office will help with the applications and other procedures.